Written by Allison Herrera
Email marketing is not dead. I know you’ve heard us say that from time to time; but with the Holiday season just days away, email is your best friend. We want to set you up for success during this busy time of the year with three email list growth tactics.
1. Create incentives, free downloads or useful tools so people have a reason in giving you their email address.
This could be any form of premium content, such as free webinars, templates, discounts, etc., which many people find valuable enough to give out their email address.
2. Run creative email marketing campaigns.
Did you know emails save as a lead- and/or contact-generating channel? Every time someone forwards or shares your emails, your database is expanded…which is why running creative marketing campaigns are crucial!
Already have a large database? I’m sure some of your contacts are now stale 🙁 BUT, that’s okay! I highly recommend running a re-engagement campaign.
3. Include sharing buttons inside your emails.
Adding a “share” button on your email is perfect for recipients who want to share your content with others who would also resonate with it! A sharing button makes forwarding emails to friends & colleagues easy.
If you’re thinking about buying email lists, here’s a pro-tip: DO NOT DO IT. When focusing on your audience, organically growing your email list keeps you on top as a credible company with genuine relationships.
Below are seven reasons for not buying email lists.
- You’ll violate the rules of consent under GDPR.
- Reputable email marketing services don’t let you send emails to lists you’ve bought.
- Good email address lists aren’t for sale.
- People on a purchased or rented list don’t actually know you.
- You’ll harm your email deliverability and IP reputation.
- You can come across as annoying.
- Your email service provider can penalize you.
Need help boosting your email marketing game? Contact us today! We’re ready to support you just in time for the holidays.